Sunday, February 11, 2018

Dino-Mite Valentines

Valentines. Eh. Personally I could take it or leave it. Mr. H and I both waited tables for years while we were in college and I think it ruined the Hallmark holiday for us. We usually stay in and make dinner instead of fighting the crowds.

At school, I look at Valentines as another opportunity to model kindness. We exchange valentines and give compliments to our classmates. I'm always looking for great read alouds to use. I like reading Junie. B. Jones "Mushy Gushy Valentines" on the week leading up to valentines. Of course, I forgot to start it last week so we probably won't finish it before the big day. We also always, always drink Herbert Sherbert punch! What would a party be without it?

This year my own kiddo is having a valentines party at his school, too. He's really into anything that says "RAWR" right now so we went with the dino theme. I tried to be one of those pinterest moms and make DIY valentines cards. I think it went okay.  I bought some plastic dinosaurs on Amazon - great deal! (I'll be buying a box of these for all the birthday's we go to now, too.) A box of 12 dinos was only $14.99 and it came with a book all about each dinosaur. I made a quick printable to tie the dinosaurs onto. You can grab it here for FREE. 

How do you celebrate Valentines in your classroom?



Grab the Dinos through my link on Amazon --- HERE.




No comments:

Post a Comment